Title: Director of Corporate Development
Reports to: President/CEO
Purpose of Position: Implement strategies focused on generating organizational resources. Provide ongoing leadership and supervisory direction to volunteers, RD team and key projects necessary to ensure successful execution of the annual plan and to meet the mission of the United Way of the Cape Fear Area. Create, manage and implement multi-year strategies focused on generating revenue through campaign management. Recruit, train and nurture volunteers. Work cross-functionally with all staff to support United Way as a whole. Provide leadership in developing and implementing creative strategies to attain annual goals. Emphasis is on retaining and growing donor support through relationship management and prospecting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be an actively engaged member of the senior team to achieve the organizational mission.
• Develop, execute plan of action and achieve revenue goals.
• Use data to analyze results and to plan and direct execution of annual campaign, including timeline, campaign and growth strategies.
• Build strong relationships with local CEOs and the business community. Provide primary staff support to key accounts.
• Assist CEO and board of directors to identify and recruit campaign chair.
• Recruit, lead and support campaign volunteers; partner with campaign chair to manage and share responsibilities to achieve goals.
• Develop and implement strategies to attract new donors and enhance relationships with current donors.
• Provide guidance, strategic planning, customized marketing and support to volunteer teams within partner companies.
• Work with Marketing and Communications to provide direction for key communication materials with an emphasis on building and enhancing donor relationships.
• Work closely with Community Impact and Investment Teams to drive the Community Impact agenda.
• Develop and maintain department budget.
• Supervise, support, motivate and hold accountable RD team.
• Coordinate awards recognition for workplace campaigns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• United Way experience preferred.
• Minimum of three years experience in fundraising.
• Position requires strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
• Must have flexibility with schedule due to the workplace schedules.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and donor databases, ANDAR experience preferred; technical and analytical skills, and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
• Experience working both independently and within a team.
• Energy, enthusiasm and passion for the mission are a must.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Communications or other related field. Master degree preferred.
• Leadership; Communications; Visioning & Strategic Thinking; Strategic & Operational Planning; Problem Solving & Decision Making; Strategy & Product Innovation; Results Orientation.
• Relationship & Influence Management; Coalition Building; Relationship Management; Consultative Selling.
• Talent/Team Development & Management; Talent Selection, Development, Management; Team Leadership & Coordination.
• Continuous Learning & Self Mastery
If interested, email cover letter and resume to UWJobs@uwcfa.org
Deadline to apply is Thursday, August 18th 2017.